It’s not very often I get the opportunity to get creative in the kitchen but when Alf decided to take a 2 hours nap on Friday afternoon, I seized the moment and conjured up a super simple lunch for one.
If you follow my account on insta, you’ll know I’ve recently started a herb garden – not sure how long it’ll last but 3 days in and it’s still thriving (by that I mean still alive!).
I live by what’s in my freezer, so when I found a piece of frozen breaded fish lurking on the second shelf, I set about making one of my faves – a grown up fish finger sandwich. Fancy yourself a super simple lunch like mine? Well here’s how:
• 2 x wholemeal seeded bread,
• Handful of baby spinach
• 1 x piece of breaded fish
For the sauce:
• Capers – as many as you like
• A dollop of mayonnaise (I opted for reduced fat)
• Small bunch of snipped chives
• 1/2 a lemon
• Approx. 10 – 12 splashes of Tabasco sauce
Cook fish as directed on instructions
1) Put your mayonnaise in a bowl
2) Snip in the chives and the capers and add to the mayonnaise
3) Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon
4) Add lashings and splashings of Tabasco sauce – depending on how hot you like it!
5) Mix, taste and season if you want to.
Remove your fish from the oven, slather the bread with your sauce, layer the spinach, stack the fish on top, cut in half & enjoy!
Simple, tasty and super quick to make. Whens the last time you created an old favourite in the kitchen?